Website Privacy Policies
websites uses and protects any information that you give Carla Swan when
you use these websites.
Carla Swan is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using these websites, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Carla Swan may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please call 07803 895 800. or e-mail Carla@carlaswan.com We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Carla Swan & Harley Street Therapy ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Websites terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting carlawan.com and harleystreettherapy.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is CarlaSwan.com of 114 East Street, Olney, Bucks.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site carlawan.com and harleystreettherapy.co.uk (our sites) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our sites, subscribe to any updates, request or receive psychotherapy and counselling sessions through our sites, participate in social media functions on our sites, complete a survey and when you report a problem with our sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and medical history.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); pages you viewed or searches you carried out; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- medical information from online consultations, including details of your past medical history, the current state of your health, information disclosed by you which we consider relevant to your online consultation and details of information disclosed and matters discussed during any online consultations.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties we work closely with (including, without limitation, medical practitioners, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us relating to psychotherapy and counselling consultations and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services similar to those you have previously received or enquired about.;
- to notify you about changes to our services or services of our therapists;
to ensure that content from our sites are presented in the most
effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our sites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Medical or psychotherapy practitioners for the purposes of furthering a contract between us and you for the provision of psychotherapy and counselling sessions.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If carlawan.com and harleystreettherapy.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of carlawan.com and harleystreettherapy.co.uk, our clients, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, or emails you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
We will not share any of your confidential medical information with any third parties unless we are instructed or permitted to do so by you or we are required to do so by law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Carla Swan is committed to maintaining the on-line privacy of existing and future clients. We use the information we collect from you to both help us understand more about how our site is used and can be improved, and to be able to send you further information about our activities that may be of interest to you.
Information that may be Gathered
We collect the following information regarding visitors to our websites: IP address, information regarding which pages are accessed, and where voluntarily supplied by visitors, personal information such as email addresses and names.
If you choose to supply personal contact details, we will use this information to provide you with any services or information that you have requested. We may also use it to provide you with additional information about future services.
Contact data held will be used solely by Carla Swan and will not be passed on, or transferred to, third parties, except where we request your permission to do so, or under special circumstances where we are legally required to do so.
If your contact details change, or you wish us not to send you further information, please contact us.
Protection of Data
We are committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us. Once we receive your data, we make best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Access to Data Held
Within the United Kingdom, the 1998 Data Protection Act offers users of the websites rights to be told what personal information we hold on our electronic databases. If you wish to obtain this information please contact us.